Alright, chickadees. Here it is. Part III/III of my vegan dinner extravaganza.
In my lifetime I have spent many an hour huddled over a campfire, painstakingly rotating a twig bent in despair from the weight of a dense, gooey marshmallow. The noble quest was always to achieve highly esteemed and oh-so-tasty golden brown perfection. Last summer I worked as a camp counselor and was reminded of the cheap thrill s’more-making gives kids (and adults). I thoroughly understand the importance of a good s’more and decided I would do it justice by creating the cadillac of cookies. I adapted and simplified this recipe to what I will shamelessly call dessert perfection.
1. Preheat oven to 350º. In a small dish, mix together the flax seed and water.
2. In a food processor or large bowl, mix together the flax mixture, margarine, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers. Add the margarine mixture and stir until well incorporated.
4. Roll into about 24-26 balls and place on a plate or pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, until marshmallow & chocolate are gooey.
When the cookies are done, allow to stand 10 minutes.
Perfect with a cold glass of soy or almond milk!